MoonHouse is always accepting children’s writing submissions to its podcast, “Written by Kids,” where professional actors/singers perform short stories, songs, and poems, written by kids. If your child is 6 – 16 years old, submit their writing now by using the form below. (There are no fees whatsoever. In fact, if we put your child’s writing on the pod, we’ll pay either $12.50 or $25, depending on its length.)
- Submit either a word doc, a pdf, jpg, or a jpeg of your child’s writing.
- Format the text to be 12 pt font, and single-spaced.
- Your child may submit any type of writing, including but not limited to a story, poem, song, play, or monologue.
- Your child’s writing may be about anything they’d like! But if you’re having trouble thinking of things, check out our list of creative prompts by clicking here, or our writing tips videos, by clicking here.
- Your child’s writing may be anywhere between a half page and two pages long, single spaced, 12 pt font.
- There is no limit to how many pieces your child may submit.
- Authors of shorter pieces will earn $12.50. Authors of longer pieces will earn $25 – each within 14 days of receiving a signed copy of our standard agreement (which you can preview at the bottom of the page).
- A “Shorter Piece” is generally ne page or less, single spaced, 12 pt font.
- A “Longer Piece” is generally more than one page, single spaced, 12 pt font.
- But because they are performed in audio, we cannot make a determination until we read it out loud ourselves.
- “Longer Pieces” will be published as stand-alone pieces on single episodes of Written by Kids.
- “Shorter Pieces” may be paired with other Shorter Pieces, on single episodes of Written by Kids.
Please submit your child’s writing to Written by Kids using the form below.
During the submission process, we collect some personal information via the Jotform below, including your email address; we will never publish nor distribute any information to any third party without your permission.
Thank you! Please allow up to three weeks for a response from MoonHouse.
If we choose your child’s writing, we’ll send you some more info along with our standard licensing agreement.
You can look at our standard licensing agreement here:
We can’t wait to read your work!