MoonHouse is always accepting children’s writing submissions to its podcast, “Written by Kids,” where professional actors/singers perform short stories, songs, and poems, written by kids. If your child is 6 – 16 years old, submit their writing now by using the form below. (There are no fees whatsoever. In fact, if we put your child’s writing on the pod, we’ll pay up to $15, depending on its length.)
- Submit either a word doc, docx, or pdf of your child’s writing.
- Format the text to be 12 pt font, and single-spaced.
- Your child may submit any type of writing, including but not limited to a story, poem, song, play, or monologue.
- Your child’s writing may be about anything they’d like, as long as it is family friendly.
- Your child’s writing may be anywhere between a quarter page and 4 pages long, single spaced, 12 pt font.
- There is no limit to how many pieces your child may submit.
- Authors of pieces less than 1/2 a page will earn $5.
- Authors of pieces between 1/2 a page and two pages will earn $10.
- Authors of pieces longer than two pages will earn $15.
- For pieces formatted differently, like a poem or a play, we can’t always tell how long it will be in audio – and we will make a determination after we read it out loud ourselves.
Please submit your child’s writing to Written by Kids using the form below.
During the submission process, we collect some personal information via the Jotform below, including your email address; we will never publish or distribute any personal contact information to any third party without your permission.
Thank you! Please allow up to three weeks for a response from MoonHouse.
If your child’s writing is accepted for publication, we’ll send you some more info along with our standard licensing agreement.
You can look at our standard licensing agreement beforehand here:
We can’t wait to read your work!